Tuesday, December 12, 2006

13 more sleeps until Christmas!

Liz & Sandy arrived back to us on 4th after a great time touring N.Z. They loved it so much, they are planning to return one day! (But I hope we can visit them first?) We had the best time with them. I found the box with all Liz's letters finally...& she had a great time reading a few of them. There is just so much you do forget over the years? They really are a 'diary' of past events.
Tuesday saw us returning their rental car, then going by ferry from Half Moon Bay to the City for the day. We went up the Sky Tower after lunch & they were 'blown away' with the view! On Wednesday we went to Kaiaua & had fish 'n chips for lunch, which they really enjoyed as they said they don't have great f&c in Fredericton. That night we had a Christmas-type dinner of roast chicken & shared gifts. They gave us a gorgeous big book on Canada & lovely calendars! It is such a beautiful country!
Thursday dawned with a feeling of sadness at Liz & Sandy going home that evening? We really did have such a great time with them. If we both lived in the same place I KNOW we would see HEAPS of them! It is great being able to keep in 'instant' touch by emailing!! They arrived home safely after 36 hours travelling to winter weather. It was great to get the email to say they had arrived home safely.
This Saturday we are having a Christmas lunch at McDermott's with Mum & the family as Mum goes to Brisbane for Christmas on Sunday. I am taking a chicken, pasta salad & chocolate log. I haven't made one for awhile so hope it turns out ok?? Time to hang out 3 loads of washing & do some baking. We have managed to eat the Christmas cake Mum gave us 2 weeks ago. I will make another though. We love it too much!!

No comments: