Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday, Monday....

Its 3 weeks since I last did my blog? Where DO the weeks go? My days 'at home' just race away? Its unbelieveable. I am SO excited. I am off to Oz in August for 3 weeks to visit our family. Can't wait. I miss them SO MUCH.

I went down to Mum's for the weekend. We did lots of walking, eating & drinking...ha! Its very relaxing though. A change of scenery does wonders. NOT that I get sick of our scenery. I love it here. Cannot imagine living back in suburbia.

I could live in Whangamata though. Its so peaceful most of the time. Long weekends & the Christmas holidays are another story. The beach is THE most beautiful beach. I LOVE walking along it, taking in all the sights & smells. I went on my own on Saturday arvo as Mum needed a 'nana-nap.' As usual I forgot to take a plastic bag as I always come home with plant cuttings or shells etc. A tui followed me some of the way. I think it was Dad actually. He LOVED tuis so I always associate them with him. I said to Dad (in my head) "I need a bag to put these cuttings in if you can arrange it."

Well I walked down onto the beach & there in front of me was a bright yellow bag? FUNNY I thought? As I got closer I realised it had something inside....a mobile phone, sunglasses & keys? Apart from a lady walking a very cute (but not as cute as P Pup) dog in the distance, there was no one around. So I thought I will follow that lady & see if it belongs to her. After stopping to collect shells for my card making, I finally reached her & sure enough it WAS hers. She was astonded to say the least that she had left it (near the incoming tide) on the beach. She was VERY grateful & even gave me one of her blue 'doggy' bags for my assortment of shells & cuttings. Alls well that ends well.

Mothers Day dawned cool but fine so Mum & I set off on an early morning walk down to the beach, arriving back after 75 minutes away. I cooked us a yum brekky of chicken bacon rashers, eggs & mushrooms. So after noon we had some wedding cake (I had taken out of the freezer) & a cuppa. I set off for home about 2pm calling into a dear friend from Primary school days who lives on a farm half an hour out of Whangamata. Chalmahs had her brand new 2 week old grandaughter, Tiara, there with older siblings, Letitia 6 & Aria 3. Chalmahs had 3 girls herself & now has 6 grandkids. It was great catching up as we haven't seen each other for ages.

When I arrived home, Raelene, then Chanel & Blair phoned for Mothers Day. Sheri-Baby is in far off UK land & obviously forgot but thats ok. She went to the Manchester United final with soccer mad Steve. Man U won so I can only guess what the celebrations would have entailed?? Sore heads today no doubt. We pulled the bed out this morning & vaccuumed behind & under it. SO DUSTY??? YUK??
Time to make a cuppa. Toodles.

1 comment:

chanel said...

We are SUPER excited .... yay, bring on your trip!
sounds like such a lovely mother's day with your mother ... i miss that we are so far away .. especially on days like this! luv cha