Monday, April 23, 2007

Today I will....

clean the unit (after friends stayed in it this weekend), bake, make tomato relish and wash the floors. Thats the plan, but plans are made to be broken...ha!!! Thats after I have 'done' my blog and cleared the weekend's emails and before Dr Phil starts at 1pm. Ummm...don't think I am going to do it somehow? Will have a go anyway.

Last Tuesday I took pup for her MAF vet check before her flight to Brisbane on Thursday (where Blair & Lisa are for 10 days). I went to walk group for the morning tea, had lunch with Pam, got a few photos printed. I have some awesome sunrise & sunset prints now. Have one very special one I am going to get enlarged & framed. It is just gorgeous...IF I don't say so myself. The Lord certainly provides some breathtaking sights!!

Had Wed at home catching up on the chores then Thursday went in with Ross, dropped him at work then went to work until after lunch, to get to the airport with pup by 2pm. It was sad seeing her leave. She is such good company. I love her heaps. She truely is my GRAND-PUPPY!! After leaving the airport, feeling a bit 'flat' I went to Blair & Lisa's house to take photos of the building progress. It is coming along great but I can't get excited about it as they probably won't live in it :( & will no doubt sell it when it is all finished. Rb has the 'project management' job which is good he has such good building knowledge so they can't put 'anything across him.'

Friday 10 came for lunch!! Aunt B, Joce & 2 grandkids, Ree & Simone, Lynne, Gail & 2 kids. It was great...I love getting together with my cuzzies (& other family). We always have such a good time together. We all 'bounce off' one another...its such a special time.

Friday arvo...friends from church in Howick, Cath & Kevin, arrived to stay the weekend in the unit. We had given them this as a 50th wedding anniversary gift last year. They have a daughter & 4 grandkids living with them so have a VERY hectic life. At their ages (early 70's) they really should be enjoying time together but not possible. They are just 'too nice' & I have a feeling their family do take advantage of them but hope not? I REALLY enjoyed making all their meals & spoiling them with little treats etc. They looked so relaxed and happy when they left yesterday afternoon, I really felt we had given them THE best gift!! I can remember being a young mum with 3 under 4 years & at times feeling a bit overwhelmed & 'snowed under' with the demands of littlies & running the house etc. I would have LOVED to have had a night (or weekend) away somewhere to re-charge my batteries but we could never afford that luxury. I would love to offer ANYONE in need of a break a night or 2 in our unit in the peace & tranquility of this gorgeous setting we live in. I have a few ideas I will have to get sorted and 'market' in the right areas? Will keep you posted.

Meanwhile Sheri & Steve are having a great time touring around the Thai islands. They did encounter one place infested with cockroaches....eeewwwwww....& the shower smelt like a toilet...yuk....but moved on to somewhere nicer...thank goodness. I don't want them going down with 'delly-belly' or worse. Sheri got another tattoo. She has a map of NZ on her ankle so not sure what the new one is as yet?

Chanel gets home from her awesome USA trip today. The Johnsons arrived home from their USA trip on Friday so LOTS of people to catch up with & hear all about it.

No more word on our burglary but this place is now like 'fort knox'? We have locked ourselves out (internally) twice already? So now have keys hidden. Thank goodness Rb is a handyman!!! Yesterday he put up the nesting box Andrew H gave us last year. The birds are a bit wary as yet but can't wait to see them use it.

Limo & Zinny (our Limousin calves) came back to our paddock from the Farmer's holding pens paddock on Thursday. Zinny's nose is still not properly healed & not a pretty sight but at least he is getting back to normal. Thank goodness for second opinions!!! (& lots of prayer!) Time to go & do my chores & have a cuppa. Toodles!!

No comments: