Its official...Monday IS my favoured day for blogging!! Not sure what happens to the rest of the week? Am STILL trying to figure out HOW to post photos on my blog? I wish SOMEONE would visit who could show me? Oh well....won't they be worth waiting for....of course they will!!
I had a biopsy on a scab thingy on my right hand last Tues. Am sure it is fine but had a weakness in my hand about Friday which was wierd? I go back to the doc tomorrow. What with having to have my BP checked for the past 3 Tuesdays, I feel like I LIVE there lately?
I picked Mum up at Thames last Wed & she stayed that night. We had roast lamb...off the farm...it was TOO delicious...melted in your mouth!! I cooked it in the crockpot. I LOVE my crockpot & use it 3-4 times a week in the winter. I am doing spare ribs in it tomorrow as will be 'in town' all day! I have made some chicken soup & foccacia bread for my old mate, Jen, who has pneumonia & celebrated her 59th birthday yesterday IN BED feeling miserable poor darling so will drop it in to her after dropping Ross at work in the morning, then pick up Vicky to go to Walk Group, then the doc, lunch with Pam on her birthday, shopping, photos developed, pick up Ross at 4pm & home. PHEW....my days 'in town' are ALWAYS full but fun. I try & do as much as possible & catch up with whoever I can.
It is 14 months tomorrow since we moved out here & would you believe I have 4 (who I considered close) friends who have still not ventured out this way. It is a lovely drive, always something to see, especially farm animals, gorgeous scenery, nil traffic, what more could you want?? Its sad how lack of driving confidence (or adventure) can stop a person moving 'out of their comfort zone'??
I just watched Oprah & she had a follow-up show to 'The Secret". I missed the first show so hope they repeat it in the holidays. "The Secret" looks like a good book. Its all about how to balance your life & BE HAPPY!!! I am reading Dr Phil's wife, Robin's book, "Inside My Heart." Chanel bought it for me when she was in the USA in April & gave it to me for Mother's Day with one of her fabulous cards. It is a good read & one I recommend.
I made Bill Granger's Banana & Chocolate Chip Bread today. The smell is still all through the house...YUM. I was totally OVER bananas, having made a zillion banana cakes when the 4 kids were growing up but this is so yum with the choc chips in it...I just couldn't waste those bananas? We bought a compost bin yesterday before coming home after staying Sat night at our 'town residence'...ha ha Lynne & Grant's!!! We were booked in for 3 Sat nights in June alone. They treat us SO WELL...we just have to make a return visit. We DO look after them pretty good when they stay at their 'country estate' so its even-stevens I say!!! Their bed has at least got an electric blanket. Rb wants to buy a Woolrest for our bed so I put our electric blanket on the bed in the homestay unit. We still haven't bought the Woolrest? Maybe this week?
We have had a pair of Paradise ducks making themselves at home on our land this past week. Not sure if its the male or the female with the white head. But apparently they mate for life....just like us really? (or some of us that can 'weather the storms of life!!') They are very cute but everytime I try to sneak up on them to take some pics they FLY AWAY :( The fantails & yellowheads managed to eat the bread I left for the ducks? I spend hours watching the wildlife...too fascinating for words.
Time to go & marinate the lamb shanks for dinner! We traded the little shed, (which was behind the BIG shed that is now down by the tanks,) for a whole sheep off the farmer. Just like the olden days really, when the Maoris & the English Settlers traded muskets for food!! Except we don't own any muskets...not yet anyway! But if those pluver birds don't stop trying to nest in 'the boys' paddock, we might have to invest in a beebee gun or whatever. Winter is here. Yesterday was COLD & WET..Brrrrrrr??? but today dawned sunny & warm with rain again tonight. Good for the grass & plants though. Toodles.
Monday, June 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yum .... lamb shanks! i feel hungry now! LOL!
at least i can show you how to post photos when you come over ... LOL!
luv cha
I'm impressed that you cook so many meals... I always wonder about 5 pm what we will have for dinner... always an adventure to open the refrigerator.
Post a Comment