Brrrrrrr....winter IS here...finally. Woke to a sunny day but outside there is a very cold wind? We have had a retired couple staying in their luxury camper van for the past 4 days. They were heading off this morning but their cat, Jessy, went walk-about so they have gone into 'town' to get some provisions etc & will come back for an extra night & hope she turns up? Meanwhile Taz is sleeping on the floor in our bedroom in the sun. He has had a couple of 'rumbles' with Jessy but nothing too serious.
Talking about it last night, I don't think we could ever do what they did....sell the home & most possessions & live in a camper...luxury or not. Its the room factor? What happens if one of you wants to go to bed early & the other wants to watch TV (which so often happens here)? Or what about the Sunday 'nana-nap'? No...we decided if we do another camper van holiday...we will HIRE one like we did a few years ago. That was such a great holiday! I remember right up until the night we were to fly down to Christchurch to pick up our Maui motorhome, Sheridan, about 13 at the time, didn't want to come? After a few days touring the beautiful South Island we were talking about when we would go on our next camper holiday & she piped up & said "I hope I am included in this"? You sure can't win with teenagers.
Talking of Sheri-baby & Steve, presently touring through Europe by Eruorail, I look forward every morning to getting her texts, saying where they are & what they have seen etc. Unfortunately, she text they are on the border of Spain and France & their connecting train had been CANCELLED so they are somewhat stranded for the time being? Am hoping some good samaratian can give them a safe haven for the night?
It is SO EXCITING to think Sheri is 'living her dream'. I am SO PROUD of her....AND my other 3 AWESOME kids & their partners also of course!! Not forgetting the 5 FABULOUS grandkids. We are SO BLESSED to have them all!!! So many people these days can't have children, let alone grandkids. I thank God EVERY DAY for our wonderful family!! I have to add my own & Rb's siblings to that also. Every time we all get together we have THE BEST time. I feel sorry for families who don't get on. Sometimes there is only one person who makes it hard for everyone. Thats when a sense of humour comes in for sure!!
I have a busy day cooking today. I want to make Larry & Ben soup & a dinner & drop it in after church tomorrow. I also want to make a carrot cake so will try a new recipe to see if it compares with the one I usually make. Ben is 20 on 20th so have to make him an appropriate card! I am going down to spend Tuesday & Wednesday with Mum. Dad would have turned 80 on Tuesday but to us, he will ALWAYS be 70 & we were lucky to have him to that age with his heart condition. It doesn't seem like 10 years (in Sept) since he died. What an awful year it was :( Pop had his stroke in the June, Princess Diana died in Aug & Dad in Sept. The ONLY good thing about that year was Raelene marrying Tom on 15th February. At least Dad & Pop were both well enough to enjoy it! Their wedding song often plays on 'Coast'.....'You're My Inspiration'....I always think of them when I hear it!!
Well better 'blog off' & get some chores done! It will be good to have a Saturday night at home for a change with the last 3 being busy...but great nights!!! The All Blacks are playing Canada so don't think it will be an exciting game to watch somehow. I feel sorry for the Canadians actually? I don't think they realise what they are up against. Sorry that sounds arrogant but its true!! Hope your weekend is relaxing & goes well. Cherrio. XOXOXOXO
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yes i agree family is so important .... we are very blessed. look forward to our next catch up
talk soon
luv C
Post a Comment