Tuesday, July 10, 2007

As I write this...I am another year older. Yep, that happened last Wednesday! I LOVE my birthday. I feel sad when I hear of those who don't? Whats with that? There's nothing you can do about it so you might as well EMBRACE IT & ENJOY it!! I personally think you get more 'in tune' with life as you get older. Look at all the gorgeous people out there in their 50's & 60's. I heard the other day on the radio that 60 is the new 30!!! How true that is I am not sure. But really, aging is all 'in your head.' If you are going to 'whine' about it...don't do it around me!! I celebrated by having a relaxing day at home, mostly spent on the phone answering 'birthday calls' - too awesome when SO many people remember 'your big day'!!! Most importantly I got calls from ALL my family overseas...Sheridan in Edinburgh which I didn't expect, knowing she was 'broke'. Her new job starts today week in an Edinburgh salon & she is looking forward to earning money again!! It was great having a chat with the 5 grandkids too. I love how they sing 'Happy Birthday' to us!! Rb celebrated his...the last in the 50's...ROLL on 2008 for the BIG 6-0!! Friends from up North, John & Lynne stayed the weekend, going home Monday. We had a great time. We can go AGES without seeing them & just 'pick-up' where we left off. John & Rb are so funny together & SO alike. Us girls can see why they were mates at College!!

Today dawned WILD & WINDY & has become very cold? So I opted to stay home instead of going to walk group. Am looking forward to tomorrow at home also then work on Thursday! Lisa emailed how to 'post a pic' on my blog but our computer is playing up & deleting emails after they are open? VERY annoying & they aren't anywhere to be found....HELP someone??? Time for a cuppa. I should be ironing BUT can't be bothered....will do it tomorrow. Its too miserable. Toodles. XOXOXO

2 comments:

gramakas said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! I'm a July girl too (just a few more days till I get to blow out the candles).

chanel said...

go the fab 50's ....
i am going to be a fab 50 yr old one day too! wink!