Sorry for being so slack with blogging. Its been too hot & muggy to sit at the computer for too long lately? We badly need rain? Just like Oz - ha!!
1 'n only son's wedding on Friday 2nd March was totally awesome. The day couldn't have been better (or hotter). His bride looked STUNNING. We are all so used to seeing her in cycling gear (or jeans), she looked simply beautiful in her gorgeous (off the shoulder) wedding dress. They make a very handsome couple!! Having all the family over from Brisbane & Hobart the week previous made for a fun-filled, happy week with lots of eating & drinking, cricket games, beach visits, butterfly chasing, Taz (the resident moggy) chasing (by Ems & JJ), & much more!! The 4 bigger grandkids all made the bride & groom lovely cards. Such love & talent went into each & every one. Ems & JJ looked fabulous in the bridal party. Katya & Manny handed out the service leaflets like they do it every week!!
RB & I got the job of picking up the cake before lunch & delivering it to the reception place, then zipped back to my twin's place (through Auckland traffic, that nearly 'did my head in'....ahhhhhh- glad I live in the country for sure!!) where we had a yum lunch with brother, Steve & Eileen from Qld. Took them in with us & arrived at the church in the City about 1:30pm. The groom & his 2 'best men' arrived about the same time so it was good to catch up briefly before the gorgeous Chrysler Bentley's (I think the cars were) arrived with 'the girls'!! Father Peter, who had married our first 2 daughters & is a long-time family friend, did a beautiful ceremony, including the bride's parents, which they were very impressed with.
The reception was awesome. Food -out of this world. I couldn't keep away from the king prawns, salmon steaks, oysters or mussels. YES....I LOVE seafood!!! Afterwards we danced till our knees hurt and our voices crackled... :> Another family wedding we won't forget in a hurry. Hopefully, the newlyweds are having a relaxing honeymoon in the Whitsundays & re-charging their batteries, before moving to Melbourne at the end of the month. (Something I am not thinking about too much :( How's our luck...have 4 kids & by Easter Sunday (when Sheri & Steve depart for the U.K. via Thailand) NONE of our kids will be living in N.Z. Just have to get saving harder I guess!!
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes it was a totally amazing week ... what cool memories to cherish!
i miss you :-)
Post a Comment