Sunday, August 13, 2006

The grass ISN'T greener on the other side?

Had a lovely, relaxing 2 days with Mum & my twin at Whangamata, & arrived back home yesterday arvo. I find it quite amazing how like Mum, Lynne is. They have a lot of the same mannerisms. I managed to finish the ostrich yarn (not real ostrich) scarf I started for myself last winter. Just have to tidy up the ends & I can wear it. Maybe tomorrow at school. I am working Tuesday also this week also. Dave & Sue are coming for dinner & will stay Tues night, so am getting meals organised for the next 2 nights. After I unpacked yesterday, I made some sour dough bread, cheese cake slice (the third in the last 3 weeks - we LOVE it!) and Crazy Choc Cake (crazy..because it doesn't have eggs, butter or milk but olive oil & vinegar & makes a yum rich mud type cake!!) Also made a chicken dish for dinner. Pretty simple, brown the chicken legs & pieces with garlic, add to casserole dish with 6 baby onions, chopped green pepper & pour over a tin of cream of mushroom soup. I would have added mushrooms but didnt have any fresh ones? Made rice in the rice cooker (along with my blender is THE best kitchen appliance) & it was a real easy tasty meal. Went to 8am Mass at Howick today. VERY hard getting up at 6.20am on a WET, cold Sunday? After Mass we had brekky at Robert Harris Cafe at Botany, bought 2 soccer chapter books for Manny for his birthday at Whitcoulls, went to Pak N Save for some shopping, then Mitre 10 for gumboots, work sox & weed mat, then to Jen & Roy's for a late morning tea. Great to catch up with them & see their new home again. Got home after 1pm. Talked to a local friend this arvo about the 10 yr old girl who was killed after getting off the school bus on 4th. SO very sad. Something that should never have happened but I guess it was 'her time'? The friend's grandaughter was on the bus but didnt see the accident happen thankfully, although all the kids in the back seat did & have needed councelling. I am SO VERY THANKFUL nothing awful happened to any of our 4 blessings when they were growing up. NO time is the right time to loose a child. Pop never got over loosing Ann at 49 yrs, right up till when he died at 84 yrs old. Time for a G&T. Cheers!

No comments: