It drizzled most of yesterday & the rain set in last night. Our poor calves look VERY water-logged? I want to bring them inside...OR make raincoats for them! Ha..how funny would that look....or tie umbrellas to them? Enough already with the silly comments!! The neighbouring animals would make fun of them anyway & we can't have that! The preggy sheep look even MORE sad. They can't take their 'baa-naps' like they usually do.
My head cold is getting better. I haven't been out for 3 days so gave going to Mass a miss. Made some bread and a savoury scone type recipe of Donna Hay's #1 daughter sent. They were YUM. Hubby is happy there are some for his lunch tomorrow!! I made 2 of her recipes from the latest mag for dinner last night. Sweet potato (Kumera) & red onion soup and a Lemon Chicken dish with mash, (both scored 10/10 from Hubby & I will have to make them again when I have smell & taste?) After lunch I made Peanut Carmel Slice.
It is only 5pm & its getting dark already? Its been a good day to be inside & cook, bake & email etc. Hubby had to dig a couple of trenches for the rain. It looked like we had a pool (albeit a muddy pool) round our house? The drenched turkey family (I call them the SUPER 14) have just walked past the window picking at grubs in the ground! The Kingfishers havent been sighted for over a week now. The resident fur-ball has caught 2 of them recently & 2 others died after flying into our windows? So maybe they have declared our place a 'DANGER ZONE'. The RFB was a pain this morning. Hubby said he started calling out at about 4am? Glad I didn't hear him! Time for a G&T. Must be coming right!!
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
caramel peanut slice - YUM! i want sum!
Post a Comment