Thursday, August 24, 2006

WHERE has the week gone to?

Had a busy start to the week with both of us 'manning the phones' at Blair's on Mon & Tues. I also went to Shona's mum's funeral on Mon. Woke this morning to THE most awesome sight....a newborn baby calf, very wobbly & wet looking!! We thought all the heifers in the paddock were the young ones but obviously one of them was old enough to give birth. The others were intrigued with the calf & seemed to be welcoming it. But mum was keeping a keen eye on it in case any of them got too close. It had a few attempts at trying to sleep but that proved a bit hopeless with 30 odd other 'girls' trying to get 'up close & personal.' Eventually, after the farmer had been with his daily load of hay, they all disappeared down the hill, where they have stayed most of the day. That was probably a good thing for me, as I wasn't getting anything done when it was in view. I think its a boy calf & although its not ours, I have named him Adam, which means first born! He is brown & white (like his mum & all the others) but the white is truely Persil White!! Rain is coming later so I hope he doesn't get too cold?

The last 2 days have seen GiGi turn 2 & Manny turn 8 - our youngest & eldest grandchildren who celebrate their birthdays a day apart. It was neat talking to them, but would have LOVED a piece of their cakes. Nemo for GiGi & Pokemon for Manny! What clever daughters I have!! I always enjoyed making them novelty cakes also. Certainly 'runs in the family'!!

I am working at school tomorrow as I swapped my Mon to Friday. The farmers, William & Mary, are coming for dinner tomorrow night. Have made foccacia & 2 meals today. I like to give people a choice in case they don't like something. RB has been busy 'fencing' again. I will sign off & go & do some weeding while the weather is still sunny.

No comments: